1 cup rice flour
1/2 cup water
1/4 teaspoon ginger/garlic masala
1/4 teaspoon red chillie powder
1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 to 3 cups corn oil for frying
- In a saucepan, mix 1/2 cup rice flour and water until smooth. Add ginger/garlic masala, red chillie powder, turmeric powder, chopped cilantro, salt and olive oil. Stir well.
- Cook on medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes stirring constantly or until dough starts to thicken and form lumps. Remove from stove.
- Add rest of the rice flour immediately and stir until a soft dough is formed. Knead dough.
- Heat corn oil on medium to high heat in a wok or fryer.
- Grease hands with oil and make 1-inch balls of dough. Pat dough between palms to form a 2-inch, flat puri.
- Carefully place puri in the hot oil and fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until puris are crispy golden brown.